Shihan K D Lintott, Kyoshi
K D Lintott Shihan, Kyoshi ||||||| Shichidan 七段 (7th Degree Black Belt) Goshinkan-Ryu Ju Jitsu;
Menkyo Kaiden Goshinkan-Ryu Ju Jitsu - License Of Total Transmission; Headmaster of Goshinkan Ju Jitsu; President Alberta Ju Jitsu Association; President of the Canadian Ju-Jitsu Confederation
Home Dojo: Goshinkan-Ryu Ju Jitsu, Red Deer AB Canada
Affiliations: Alberta Jiu Jitsu Association, Edo Machi-kata Taiho-Jutsu, United States Ju-Jitsu Federation, American Ju-Jitsu Association, World Ju Jitsu Federation, United States Martial Arts Federation, Martial Arts International Federation, Canadian Ju-Jitsu Confederation
Shihan K.D. Lintott is a 7th-degree black belt in Goshinkan-Ryu Ju Jitsu and United States Ju-Jitsu awarded on March 16, 2017, by the Technical Promotion Committee of the United States Ju-Jitsu Federation (USJJF)
He was awarded his 6th-degree black belt awarded on September 16, 2011, by the Technical Promotion Committee of the United States Ju-Jitsu Federation (USJJF) and by National Standards and Certification Board (NSCB) of the American Ju Jitsu Association.
Shihan K.D. Lintott is a Machi-bugyo (Commissioner) in Edo Machi-kata Taiho-Jutsu and the Western Canadian Director.
Shihan K.D. Lintott is a 5th-degree black belt in Can-Ryu Ju Jitsu awarded on September 16, 2006, promoted by O-Sensei G. Sylvain 10th Dan (founder Can-Ryu).
Shihan Lintott also holds the rank of Shodan 1st degree black belt in Jishin-Do Jiu Jitsu under Kyoshi Chris Bissett.
Shihan is an active police officer for our nation's police force. He worked in Protective Services for over ten years in the Calgary area including as a private bodyguard for Castle Training and Consulting. In 1979 he started his training in Canadian boxing and eventually in 1990 he took Hapkido. A year or so later started private lessons in Ju Jitsu.
In February 2002 Shihan founded the Alberta Jiu Jitsu Association (AJJA). This is a non-profit organization that aims to bring together Jiu-Jitsu (Ju Jitsu) practitioners within Alberta and to promote the art to non-members.
Shihan has worked hard to encourage the growth of this organization, and its members, by providing the necessary leadership to ensure it's goals and objectives are achieved.
In less than a year the first Jiu-Jitsu tournament for the AJJA members and the province of Alberta was held. Shihan has also founded the Alberta Kid Safe Association (AKSA) as an organization within the AJJA, and the ASDS organization, which was founded years earlier and is now run under the AJJA as the Black Belt College program.
Shihan has had the pleasure of training with several members of: CPS; EPS; RPS; RPS Tactical Unit; RCMP; RCMP Tactical Members; SFPD; and members of the Canadian Military.
- The author of all nineteen editions of the Goshinkan-Ryu Adult; Master's; Junior; Junior Black Belt; Little Samurai curriculum manual and syllabus.
- Author and founder of Little Samurai Program and one of the first Shogun Ju Jitsu programs in Alberta.
- The owner of Goshin Martial Arts Schools / Chief Instructor for all Goshinkan-Ryu Ju Jitsu Dojos.
- Chief Instructor for the Alberta Jiu-Jitsu Association.
- Alberta Provincial Grappling Coach.
- Minor Baseball Coach.
- 25 years experience in Jiu-Jitsu / Ju Jutsu; has been instructing for most of these years and began testing students in Goshinkan Ju Jitsu in 1998.
- Worked as a professional Doorman for over 10 years in Calgary.
- Holds Black Belt ranks in three styles of modern Ju-Jitsu and has studied two styles of traditional Ju Jutsu.
- Holds Can-Ryu Diplomas for the level One; level Two & level Three Can-Ryu Jiu-Jitsu Instructor's License under O'Sensei Professor Georges Sylvain, the Founder of Can-Ryu Jiu-Jitsu.
- Studied Eishin-Ryu Iaido under Sensei Dave Rathnow.
- Level 3 Arnis De Cadena & Balintawak Cuentada Eskrima under Guro Joel Huncar.
- President and founding member of the Alberta Jiu-Jitsu Association (AJJA).
- President and founder of Alberta Kid Safe Association (AKSA).
- Founder of Alberta Self-Defense Systems (ASDS) Black Belt College program in 2003.
- Founder and Instructor for the Door-1 Security Program in 1999.
- NCPPCT Instructor (nerve centre pressure point control tactics) Licensed under Professor G Sylvain.
- PPPCT Instructor (police pressure point control tactics).
- ECT Instructor (escort control tactics).
- PECT Instructor (police escort control tactics).
- Persuader Key Chain Instructor - Beginner and Advanced.
- Japanese Suntetsu Instructor.
- Yawara stick instructor.
- Self-Defense Instructor - Beginner and Advanced.
- Security Instructor.
- Level 1 National Coaching Certification Program.
- Has graded over 50 Black Belts.
- NSA Field Level 2 Agent for Kid-Safe Network.
- Diploma in Police Sciences specializing in Law Enforcement & Protection.
- Chief instructor for Inukshuk Bushido Kai; AJJA; Shindo-Ryu JuJitsu Dojos.
- Shihan Lintott is a member of AJJA (Alberta Jiu-Jitsu Association); the AJA (American Ju Jitsu Association), and a member of WJJF (World Ju Jitsu Federation).
- Shihan Lintott's current rank is recognized by USJJF (United States Ju-Jitsu Federation); AJA (American Ju-Jitsu Association); AJJA (Alberta Jiu-Jitsu Association); CJJC (Canadian Ju-Jitsu Confederation).
- 2009 Provincial Ju Jitsu Instructor of the Year.
- 2010 Northern Ju Jitsu Instructor of the Year.
- 2011 Master Ju Jitsu Instructor and Ju Jitsu Mentor of the Year.
- Machi-bugyo (Commissioner) in Edo Machi-kata Taiho-Jutsu and the Western Canadian Director.
- Life Member of the United States Martial Arts Federation.
- Life Member of the United States Ju-Jitsu Federation.
- Life Member of the United States Traditional Kodokan Judo.
- Life Member of the Martial Arts Internation Federation.
- Senior Canadian and United States Ju-Jitsu Instructor / Examiner.
- Holder of National Ju-Jitsu Dan Grade US Ju-Jitsu.
- Recognized drug expert by Federal court.
- Approved expert for All Experts on various Ju-Jitsu topics.
- Member of the United States Martial Arts Federation Senior Master Caucus.
- Member of the United States Ju-Jitsu Federation Senior Masters Caucus.
- Member of the United States Traditional Kodokan Judo Senior Masters Caucus.
- Member of the Martial Arts International Federation Senior Masters Caucus.
- Rokudan (6th-Degree Black Belt) World Jiu-Jitsu Federation.
- Shichidan (7th-Degree Black Belt) United States Ju-Jitsu Federation.
- Awarded the title of Kyoshi and Menkyo Kaiden by USJJF.