Sensei Mike Douglas
Michael Douglas Sensei || (Nidan 2nd Degree Black Belt) Goshinkan-Ryu Ju Jitsu
Shoden Menkyo Goshinkan-Ryu Ju Jitsu; Instructor of Goshinkan Ju Jitsu
Sensei Douglas served in the Canadian Airborne Regiment from 1980 to 1987 and Patrol Pathfinder from 1982 - 1987. In 2009, Sensei Douglas began his training in Aikido from 1989 to 1996 and achieved Shodan. Sensei started training in Goshinkan-Ryu Ju Jitsu in March 2012. Mike is a humble committed Jujitsuka.
Mike started training privately for his first Menyko License under the founder Shihan Lintott. It is rare for a Mudansha to train solely with the founder, this takes great discipline.
Sensei Douglas has over ten years experience in Japanese martial arts, he has trained for over three years under Shihan Lintott, and several other Goshinkan Sensei. Sensei Douglas has been committed to taking private lessons from Shihan Lintott every Saturday for over a year achieving hundreds of hours of direct teaching in the art. Mike teaches under the direction of Shihan Lintott, with a lot of support from Sensei Bouchard and Sensei April Lintott.
Mike is a driven instructor certified to teach all level one Goshinkan program and the Adult, Shogun™ and Little Samurai™ programs. On May 30, 2015, Sensei Douglas passed the coveted Shodan test and was awarded the title of Sensei.
- Achieved Little Samurai™ & Shogun™ Instructor Program License
- PPPCT Instructor Level One
- Achieved Level One of Three Teaching License in Goshinkan-Ryu Ju Jitsu style which includes Level One Instructor in the following: PPPCT System; Persuader Key Holder; High-Stress Sparring Drills; Simple Hold Escape System; Basic Self-Defense System; Little Samurai and Shogun.
- Persuader Key Holder™ Instructor
- Sensei Douglas's current rank is recognized by AJJA (Alberta Ju-Jitsu Association);
- Certified Goshinkan-Ryu Ju Jitsu Instructor
- Shoden Menkyo Goshinkan-Ryu Ju Jitsu, May 9, 2015